Summa Cum Life

   
Often in life graduation ceremonies are reserved for academic achievements, but what about the milestones we hit that aren't celebrated with a cap and gown? What about the things we do, strive for, work towards, overcome and finally succeed that don't have a ceremony to accompany them? With graduation season in bloom I've been thinking a lot about this concept and honestly I've felt some the nontraditional milestones have been more significant than walking across the stage and receiving a diploma. Don't get me wrong, I love to party, but just because you get a piece of paper saying you've completed school, it doesn't mean you stop learning and stop growing.
[pullquote]You learn a lot when you grow up, but maybe you don't see the value of the lesson until much later.[/pullquote]
       Life is perhaps the greatest classroom out there with teachers everywhere. You learn a lot when you grow up, but maybe you don't see the value of the lesson until much later. I have tried to pin point the moment I feel like I grew up. Society says it's a number, an age you turn, but I'm not so sure. I think I'm still growing up. I think I'll be growing up until the day I die. I look at the people in my life that are older than me or that have experienced things I haven't and I think to myself that they have so much to teach me. And I think God intends it this way. If we knew everything right away our lives would be boring and we wouldn’t have a need to learn to trust God. He desires for us to share in each other’s steps and milestones and moments. And He longs for us to come to Him with every step we take; whether it is a leap of faith, a first step or all we can do not to stumble.
      I heard a person on the radio talking about writing a letter to herself about what she has learned from life so far. This idea intrigues me, so I challenge you readers this week to do the assignment with me. Whether you have never commented before, or faithfully follow, please comment in a paragraph or less what life has taught you. It doesn't matter how old you are or where you are in life; your story, your words could help somebody else. And it will help me as I research this topic for a potential book idea. Look inside your heart and share life's greatest lessons. Have fun with this and do it any way you want.
      And don't forget to keep learning, keep growing and keep celebrating all life has to offer. God loves to throw parties too! (See The Parable of the Lost Son, Luke 15:11-32). Make sure you accept the invitation. Congratulations to the class of never giving up!!! Best of luck in all you do!!!
Dear H,
Life doesn't always turn out the way we imagine, but your story is in your hands. I know you are not always sure or always think you are enough, so you hold back. Let God shine through you and boldly show the world what you have to offer. Walk with Jesus all the days of your life, through the highs and the lows. God uses trials in life to teach us, but He will carry you and His strength will be enough. Sometimes your darkest hour will lead to your brightest morning. Find what God created you to do and do it with all your heart. Love deeply and invest in the things and the people that truly matter. Don't just exist in the mundane. Choose to live an abundant life. Live so that one day you will hear, "Well done my good and faithful servant."
(Okay this is harder than I thought, but worth the time.)
-Only Hope

Comments